viernes, 14 de mayo de 2010

Self access

Self access one:

1. Maria was TOLD to stop singing. (tell)

2. They were SURPRISED by the ending. (surprise)

3. Michael was RAISED by his grandparents. (raise)

4. This house was DESIGNED by a famous architect. (design)

5. The child was PICKED up by his father. (pick up)

6. The bank robbers were never CAUGHT . (catch)

7. This book was WRITTEN by Ernest Hemingway. (write)

8. This stadium was BUILT for the Olympic Games. (build)

9. My flight was DELAYED because of bad weather. (delay)

10. Classes were CANCELED by the principal. (cancel)

Number two______________________________________________________________

1. The explanation was UNDERSTOOD by all the students. (understand)

2. The teachers were SATISFIED by the results. (satisfy)

3. My grandfather was TAKEN to the hospital. (take)

4. The hamster was not KEPT in a cage. (keep)

5. The boy was DROPPED off by his mother. (drop off)

6. The man was STOPPED by the security guard. (stop)

7. The groceries were BOUGHT by my roommates. (buy)

8. This writer is RESPECTED by everyone. (respect)

9. The medal was WON by the Swedish runner. (win)

10. This form is not FILLED out properly. (fill out)

NUMBER THREE____________________________________________________________

1. Yesterday I PLAYED basketball for three hours. (to play)

2. I LIVED in Chicago for three years.(to live)

3. My cousin WANTED to buy a new jacket. (to want)

4. I TRIED to learn Swedish, but it was too difficult for me. (to try)

5. Linda FINISHED reading that book in two days. (to finish)

6. My brother BORROWED a book from my father. (to borrow)

7. I ENJOYED meeting your parents. (to enjoy)

8. My sister BURNED her hand while she was cooking. (to burn)

9. The workers CLOSED the door. (to close)

10. I CLEANED my room last night. (to clean)

NUMBER FOUR________________________________________________________________

1. (Generally speaking,) He likes to talk to ________ pretty girls.
the
no article*
a

2. He is not ________ one I was talking about.
a
no article
the*

3. This is not ________ good choice.
a*
the
no article

4. I will be studying ________ chemistry.
no article*
the
a

5. (Generally speaking,) I don't like coffee - I like ________ tea.
the
no article*
a

6. Have you ever been in ________ love?
the
no article*
a

7. My cousin lives in ________ United States.
a
no article
the*

8. Does he speak ________ Swedish?
the
a
no article*

9. He's ________ funniest actor that I know.
a
the*
no article

10. Brad Pitt is ________ good actor.
a*
no article
the


NUMBER FIVE_______________________________________________________________

1. I to study at 8:00 PM. (to begin)

2. She ATE a big breakfast. (to eat)

3. I GOT her a beautiful watch for her birthday. (to get)

4. My cousin LOST his wallet at the bar. (to lose)

5. My grandparents MET when they were both 20. (to meet)

6. She MADE me a bracelet. (to make)

7. He WOKE up very early this morning. (to wake up)

8. I SPENT all my money last night. (to spend)

9. They TOLD me the truth. (to tell)

10. David THOUGHT that Nancy was very pretty. (to think)

NUMBER SIX_______________________________________________________________

Cual es el verbo apropiado para cada frase?:


1. If I had time, I ________ to your birthday party.
would come*
will come

2. If I have time, I ________ to your birthday party.
would come*
will come

3. If she went to Morocco, she ________ Arabic.
could practice*
can practice

4. You ________ with my brother when you go to Morocco.
could stay
can stay*

5. If she didn't have to work tonight, she ________ to the gym.
could go*
can go

6. If you help me move, I ________ you a big pizza.
would buy
will buy*

7. If you helped me move, I ________ you a big pizza.
will buy
would buy*

8. When I save some money, I ________ to Europe.
would go
will go*

9. If my TV didn't work , I ________ it away.
would throw
will throw*

10. If you buy a lottery ticket, you ________ a million dollars.
can win
could win*

NUMBER SEVEN______________________________________________________________

1. I was in Los Angeles. I am going to BE in Los Angeles.

2. She spoke German. She will SPEAK German.

3. I got my results. I will GET my results.

4. They saw her boyfriend. They will SEE her boyfriend.

5. I talked to my girlfriend for three hours. I am going to TALK to my girlfriend for three hours.

6. You expected a present from her. You will EXPECTED a present from her.

7. I did my homework. I am going to DO my homework.

8. Frank built the house himself. Frank is going to BUILT the house himself.

9. James believed his neighbor. James will BELIEVED his neighbor.

10. She found her car keys. She will FOUND her car keys.

NUMBER EIGHT_____________________________________________________________

1. _____DO___ you speak Swedish?
Do
Does

2. ___DOES_____ your mother cook well?
Do
Does

3. James ___DOES_____ his homework every night.
does
do

4. I always ___DO_____ everything at the last moment.
does
do

5. __DOES______ your brother and your sister like each other?
Do
Does

6. You think I don't like spinach, but I ___DO_____.
does
do

7. Both Peter and Monica ___DOES_____ their homework on time.
does
do

8. Are you going to ___DO_____ this?
does
do

9. I will support him, no matter what he ___DOES_____.
does
do

10. The doctor ___DOES_____ these operations every day.
do
does


NUMBER NINE_______________________________________________________________

1. The doctor has shown them the results. The doctor will SHOW them the results.

2. I have lived in Memphis. I will LIVE in Memphis.

3. My teacher has spoken to my mother. My teacher will SPEAK to my mother.

4. She has slept. She is going to SLEEP .

5. I have understood everything. I will UNDESTAND everything.

6. My neighbors have moved. My neighbors are going to MOVE.

7. I have tried to be a good student. I will TRY to be a good student.

8. Brad has left the city. Brad is going to LEAVE the city.

9. She has given me many things. She will GIVE me many things.

10. You have thrown the ball. You are going to THROW the ball.

NUMBER TEN______________________________________________________________

1. Tomorrow I ________ to the movies.
would go
will go*

2. If I had a lot of money, I ________ buy a house in Mexico.
would buy*
will buy

3. When I have a lot of money, I ________ buy a house in Mexico.
would buy*
will buy

4. He told me that he ________ come later.
would come
will come*

5. If I were you, I ________ to her.
would not talk*
will not talk

6. I ________ my brother tomorrow.
would see
will see*

7. I ________ to find someone to fix my computer.
will try*
would try

8. She promised me that her father ________ me.
would pay
will pay*

9. The students thought that he ________ their professor.
will be
would be*

10. They ________ my car tomorrow.
would fix
will fix*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario